Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of becoming a pilot. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Aviation.
The opportunity of Aviation will consist of two courses, which will build knowledge in aviation, along with practical flight simulation, that are recognized through the Aviation Accreditation Board International under the academic programming of Prairie College. Students will develop their knowledge to achieve the Transport Canada requirements respecting navigation and aviation operations, along with Basic Meteorology to interpret weather information for pilots as supplied by Atmospheric Environment Services.
- Meteorology: September– December 2021
- Private Pilot Ground: February - May, 2022
- Location: St. Joseph High School
- When: Monday 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Enrolled concurrently or completed Math 20 - 1 or 20 - 2 and English 20 - 1 or English 20 - 2.
- Students will receive the Aviation Programs Accreditation Compliance, in which they will be issued a ‘Statement of Aviation Programs Accreditation Compliance’ if they achieve a mark of 70% or higher and meet attendance requirements.
- This are two courses towards a two year Diploma in Aviation.
- Commercial Pilot
- Cargo Pilot
- Charter Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Agriculture Pilot