Contact Transportation Services
Edmonton Catholic Schools contracts various carriers to provide service to over 9,500 students every school day.
- Hours: Mon - Fri 7:15 AM – 5:00 PM | Thursday 7:15 AM- 4:00 PM
- Phone: 780-441-6078
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contracted Yellow Bus Carriers
2022-2023 Student Transportation Manual
How to Cancel Transportation
Notify your school or email Transportation Services directly email@example.com. When your child is registered for the bus, a seat is reserved. If your child is not going to use transportation, please inform your school immediately. It is important that parents cancel the yellow bus service because unused stops can affect ride times as well as the efficiency of the route.
Route Change Dates & Notifications
Route changes only occur on Wednesdays and can take up to 2–3 weeks to be processed.
An email will go out every Friday night at approximately 6:00 PM about possible changes to your child’s bus route. Go to your parent portal to check if your child’s transportation information has changed. Please contact your school to obtain your login and password to your Parent Portal.
Parents will receive a phone message & email during the second week of August advising that the school start-up transportation information is posted in the Parent Portal in PowerSchool.
New Applications received during the summer or after school starts on August 31, 2022 will take up to 2 to 3 weeks to add a new stop due to the high volume of applications. If there is a stop in place, it will happen usually within 1 week.
Requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
Kindergarten Noon Hour Curb Service
Kindergarten Noon Hour transportation starts on September 6, 2022.
There are two types of bus service provided to Kindergarten students:
- Regular yellow bus service - using designated stops on regular bus routes, either in the AM or PM (depending on whether your child is in the morning or afternoon kindergarten class)
- Kindergarten Noon Hour Curb Service transportation. This particular type of service is based on the following criteria:
- The address must be located within the transportation catchment area for the school.
- Only one address can be accommodated for noon hour curb service.
- Curb service is available where roadways and/or access is allowed
For example: door-to-door service may not be available in new subdivisions where roads are not developed or during winter road conditions. Under these circumstances, students may be required to access a designated safe stop location until such time as the roadways or road conditions change.
Families requesting transportation for their kindergarten child are required to complete a Kindergarten Transportation Application – forms are available at your school. Letters will be sent to parents during the 3rd week of August with the times for the noon hour pick-up or drop-off as well as information on the regular bus (stop location and times).