Partnership with YMCA and Preschool Outreach
Genesis Centre South Campus has developed a partnership with YMCA of Northern Alberta with their Preschool Outreach Program.
For more information about the YMCA of Northern Alberta, please select the image below:
Castle Downs Child Care||11510-153 Avenue||780 476-9622|
Devonshire Child Care||1718 Rabbit Hill Road||780 442-7220|
Ellwood Child Care||2503 Ellwood Drive S.W. ||780-577-0022|
Jamie Platz Child Care||7121-178 Street||780 930-2311|
|YMCA Shirley Stollery Child Care Centre
Preschool Outreach Programs
Pre-School Outreach provides wrap around services where children are naturally in their community. The programs are educationally based where a teacher coordinates the individual educational program, and includes multi-disciplinary services such as speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, adapted physical education, behavior therapy, psychology and family school liaison workers who work with children in their child-care setting.
- Children 3 and 4 years old (1 or 2 years prior to Kindergarten)
Why is the program offered?
- Program designed for children with mild/ moderate/severe delays and/or English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Children receive support directly in their child care environment providing "wrap-around" services
Children will have access to:
- Early Learning Consultant
- Certified Teacher
- Early Learning Facilitator
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Adapted Physical Education Specialist
- Emotional Behaviour Specialist
- Family School Liaison Workers
Families registered at the following YMCA Child Care sites will be contacted for registration eligibility and further information regarding Preschool Outreach programming.