The Early Learning Mobile Unit (EMU) is a free, interactive program that is located in a 39 foot motorhome. The goal of this program is to meet families in their communities and act as a catalyst that connects neighbourhood families, resources and agencies.
To register or for more information please call 587-926-1665
Follow us on Twitter @EMU_ECSD
Spring Schedule 2018
Edmonton Catholic Schools is excited to offer an innovative program designed to create positive learning experiences for children and parents outside of an Early Learning classroom. The EMU is an early learning family program that offers a cozy and unique environment where parents and children can interact with Early Learning Facilitators and engage in learn through play experiences. Children (age 2 1/2 to 5 years) can participate in developmentally appropriate activities and parents are able to connect with families and resources in their community.
Please Note: The EMU programs will not be running when severe weather warnings are in effect, or if the temperature drops to below -22°Celsius.
The EMU offers 3 Programs daily:
AM: 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
PM: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Drop In: 11:15 - 12:15 p.m.
We will be closed from 12:15 - 1:00 p.m.
Please note: AM and PM sessions require registration at 587-926-1665
- Reggio inspired learning
- Sensory and Literacy rich environments
- Music/story group activities
- Inclusive programming
- Assistive technology
- Parental support in key areas
- Outdoor play (please come prepared to participate in all weather conditions)
- Services of a Multi-Disciplinary Team including: Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Emotional Behaviour Specialists, Family School Liaison Workers, Physical Therapists, and Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Language interpreters as needed
The EMU is proud to be working with the following partners: