J.H. Picard.....21st Century Learning
Here at J.H. Picard, our goal is to maximize the use of digital-age resources to meet and exceed learning goals, support effective instructional practice, and maximize performance of our students.
Student performance objectives:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Research & Information Fluency
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Digital Citizenship
- Technology Operations & Concepts
- Epson Interactive White Boards and SMART technology in ALL classrooms as an interactive and inquiry based teaching tool.
- Google Suite for Education: All students have access to their own personal Google Drive with unlimited storage. Students also have access Google Docs, Slides and Sheets which allows for live collaboration between students, their peers and their teachers. Learn how to login here
- Google Classroom: Teachers are able to post assignments, lesson notes, reminders, etc. while students are able to turn in homework, ask private questions and collaborate with the class through comments. Not only does this help our students stay current, it also allows J.H. Picard to reduce its environmental impact.
- ECSD Open/Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): Completely wireless environment allowing student-owned devices (Chromebooks, laptops, tablets, etc.) in the classrooms to enrichen their learning with familiar devices
- Mobile Labs: 2 Mobile Laptop Carts, 1 Chromebook Cart and 1 iPad Cart allows for students to access technology when normally they wouldn't
- Assistive Technology: Students have access to Google Read & Write for Chrome (available in French and English), allowing them to have their exams read to them and also allows them to dictate their exam, helping all students achieve, regardless of reading level or writing ability.
- Office 365: Students have access to an unlimited OneDrive through Office 365 and school emails (which must be used when communicating with their teachers) along with full versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. To learn more click here.
- Adobe At Home: Students have the option to purchase a yearly subscription for the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, etc.) for a heavily reduced rate. To learn more click here.
- Other Equipment: 2 computerized plotters, computerized embroidery machines, 3 large format poster printers, recording studio, CTS Lab, 3D Printer, Lego Mindstorm and Vex Robotics