Welcome to Louis St. Laurent and our website! We are pleased to share the rich traditions and exciting initiatives of Louis St. Laurent Catholic Junior and Senior High School with you.
At LSL, students receive outstanding academic instruction, a wealth of athletic opportunities and the opportunity to benefit from and participate in a Fine Arts program that will allow them to develop their talents and gifts.
We offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma and International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programmes as an IB World School . The IB programmes are much sought after and students will enjoy the perspectives and the benefits of an outstanding international education. The International Baccalaureate Organization is a recognized leader in a field of international education encouraging students to be active learners, well rounded individuals and engaged world citizens. We look forward to developing these program at our school.
Louis offers a variety of programs for students to achieve their full potential. The program you choose can reflect your interest in the arts, athletics and academics. As a learning community, we work with students to ensure that you achieve your potential and meet with success in course and program completion. The curriculum is organized to enable you to achieve the best you can academically, socially, physically and spiritually. To support you, we offer a number of services and programs including the Registered Apprenticeship Program, the district Knowledge and Employability Program, English as a Second Language programming, Work Experience and an Inclusive Education Learning Team to support student needs. We welcome the world through our many International Students.
We enjoy our partnership with our active School Council. The Parent School Council is an integral part of our success in achieving our goals and has a long tradition of supporting and initiating activities and programs. We encourage parent participation!
We invite you to participate in athletics, fine arts, Student Council, and any of our clubs and many activities. You are encouraged to participate fully in the life of Louis. We think you will find it makes a big difference when you participate in and contribute to the life of your school!
We wish you every success in achieving your goals!
Louis St. Laurent is a community of learners committed to nurturing and celebrating each other’s giftedness in the spirit of the Gospel.
We believe that we are unique and worthy persons and that God calls each of us to work together in love, hope and courage in our school community. Our primary goal is maximizing student learning. We embrace our internationalism which promotes global awareness and understanding. All that we do is centered on the best interests of our students. We believe that by striving for understanding we provide for an environment that stimulates growth and accepts differences. We maintain forgiveness as a basic belief of our Catholic faith that is lived in our school, community and home. We believe that showing respect for ourselves, each other and our environment provides for harmony and personal growth.
“One School…One Team”
Charisms are gifts of the Holy Spirit that contribute to the evangelizing impulse and is the Catholic approach to branding in its fullest, most faith-based sense. It refers to the
school's identity being cultivated into something much bigger than our culture. It is something that is unique to the local school body.
The use of our colloquial motto, One School…One Team, represents our daily commitment to the creation of positive, authentic and life-affirming relationships among students and staff, between Junior and Senior high divisions, and infused throughout our varied learning contexts. In this way, we truly celebrate and build upon our giftedness as a unique community of learners who, despite diversity in age, heritage, interest or ability, we are all one, moving toward one common goal, guided by the Holy Spirit.
• Faith Life: Religious instruction available at all grade levels, Social Justice Projects, regularly scheduled liturgies, and morning prayers, a community of faith
• Fine Arts: Art, Drama, Dance, Music, Theater, Theater Intensive Program, Video/Photography
• International Baccalaureate: Middle Years at the grade 7-10 levels and Diploma Program in grade 11 and 12 (full or partial IB)
• Second Language: Programs in French and Spanish
• Spanish Bilingual program, grades 7- 9
• C.T.S . : Computer Studies, Foods, Fashion, Design, Computer Assisted Drafting, Fabrication, Production and Communication Technology
• Athletics: Over 38 interscholastic teams to choose from.
• Hockey Academy: Hockey academy continues for students in grades 10-12, occurring in the second semester for these students.
• Dual Credit offering in Administrative Professional Program with Norquest College
Key Features of Louis St. Laurent
- Louis St. Laurent is a vibrant community that houses 1100 students and is
- Unique as it houses both Junior and Senior High.
- Strong achievement results. LSL is considered an exceptional school.
- IB World School offering the Diploma Program in grades 11-12 and offering
- The Middle Years Program in grades 7-10.
- District Fine Arts Focus School for grades 7 through 12.
- Hockey Academy (high school only)
- Wireless environment - Students encouraged to bring personal devices
- Extensive library and technical equipment support student learning across the curriculum.