Louis St. Laurent School
We are committed to supporting the development of full learner potential and called to develop responsible, respectful and reflective children in a Christ-centered global community.
Louis St. Laurent School is a Christ-centered, culturally diverse community that fosters critical and creative thinking, international-mindedness and social justice. The staff and students are devoted to creating an environment that embraces life-long learning; an environment where everyone is inspired to achieve excellence in academics and strength in body, mind and spirit
· Parish Name – St. Thomas More
Sacramental Preparation (if you are a high school please just remove this section):
Louis St. Laurent School is happy to work in partnership with St. Thomas More Parish and other schools in our St. Thomas More Family to support parents and children in preparing for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion. Sacramental Sessions are offered in the fall, winter and spring in order to accommodate the busy schedules of families in our school community. The Sacramental Program involves:
- Parents registering their children for the sacraments and purchasing study guides through the school, at the Parent Information Evening, or through the parish.
- Parents and children taking part in three Saturday morning classes (one hour in length) for First Reconciliation or two Saturday morning classes (one hour in length) and a teaching mass for First Communion. All sessions are conducted by one of the parish priests.
- Parents and children reviewing assigned sections of the study guides at home prior to the parish-based sessions.
- Children receiving the Sacrament of First Communion as a group with classmates from school at a designated mass.
Please note that parents whose child was not baptized at St. Theresa Parish, are required to submit a copy of the child's baptismal certificate with their registrations.
All of the Schools in the Edmonton Catholic School District use a Religious Education Program that is prescribed by our Alberta Bishops and provided through the National Office for Religious Education in Ottawa. The Program ranges from Kindergarten to Grade Twelve, and offers students with an overview of our Catholic faith as well as grade specific themes.
- See more at: https://www.ecsd.net/schools/8409/catholic-faith/Pages/Default.aspx#sthash.VKk9kwRG.dpuf