St. Joseph Catholic High School is a unique educational experience unlike any other in the Edmonton area. In a Guided Customized Learning program, students develop the essential skills required to build effective working relationships with their peers and faculty. Our faculties objective is to help all students gain the essential skills required to be a self-directed learner upon graduation from our school.
- We offer a variety of programming that is personalized, innovative and goes beyond traditional school programs and environments.
- St. Joe’s helps students discover who they are
- St. Joe’s guides students to find their passions, and develops their skills so that they continue their learning well beyond high school.
What is Guided Customized Learning (GCL)
In a Guided Customized Learning Program, students develop the essential skills required to build effective working relationships with their peers and faculty. At St. Joseph, the following methods have been put in place to ensure that students become self-directed learners:
- Teacher Advisor (TA) - Every student is assigned a TA that monitors their progress daily. Course Advisors are in constant contact with the TA, collaborating on how to best support each student. The TA helps the student plan their school day during morning and afternoon check-in. Students follow the schedule that has been approved by their TA.
- Personalized Scheduling Students have scheduled seminars that they must attend. When not in a seminar, students work in the various learning floors and/or laboratories where they work individually, collaboratively, or have one-to-one instruction at guided help desks with subject area teachers.
- Customized Learning Experiences Workshops offered during Guided Customized Learning blocks are created by Course Advisors based on the current needs of the students in their class. Students are encouraged to attend these workshops as a way of gaining an understanding of course material.
- Authentic Assessment To prepare for seminars, students must access Google Classrooms and Moodle resources provided by the Course Advisors.
Click here for more information on Guided Customized Learning (GCL)
How to Register
Why Choose St. Joe's
Open House Information