Matt played Junior hockey for the Swift Current Broncos in the WHL. In his second season he was drafted to the Dallas Stars.
He played professionally for 6 years in the AHL/ECHL.
After a career cut short by injury, Matt began to focus on coaching and skill development. He has coached for the Northern Alberta Xtreme Academy for the past 4 seasons.
Matt is passionate of educating players about what it takes to excel as an athlete and how to reach their maximum potential on and off the ice.
- 2015-2019: Northern Alberta Xtreme Midget Prep Coach
- Coaching and skill development
- 2010-2015: Played professionally in the AHL/ECHL
- 2008: Drafted to the Dallas Stars
- 2005-2010: WHL Swift Current Broncos