As a school of choice in Edmonton, Archbishop MacDonald high school has a specific and unique admissions procedure.
Please follow the procedure carefully to ensure you are prepared for the appointment you scheduled to drop off your application.
Incomplete Applications will not be accepted
MACLIFE VIEWBOOK 2020
Students must have a Minimum Grade of 75% in each of the following Grade 9 subjects:
*Marks in these subjects are not averaged but a per course minimum of 75%
There will be two application drop off evenings:
- Monday, March 9th, 2020 @ 5-7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 @ 5-7:30pm
Please use the following link to sign up for your time slot
The following application form (pick one) includes the main documents you need to complete to be prepared for your application drop off.
The first two pages of the application form are TYPE FILLABLE to save you time and help expedite the completion of your application package.
Make sure you download and save the Fillable Form PDF then open it up with a PDF reader (Ex. Adobe Acrobat) in order to save the data you input.
After you fill out your form, please PRINT it, SIGN all the documents and bring them as part of your application package when you come to your drop off time slot.
The following documents are available for you to review to understand our application process and what you need to sign to complete your application.
Checklist to Ensure your Application is Complete:
- ALL parts of the Application form completed
- Photocopies of the following Official Documentation
- Catholic Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Address in Edmonton
- Proof you are legally in Canada (You only NEED ONE of the following documents)
- Canadian Birth Certificate [Best Option]
- Canadian Permanent Residence
- Canadian Immigration Document
- Completed ONLINE ECSD Registration Submitted [Only Students NEW to Edmonton Catholic Schools] **Please See below for ONLINE ECSD Documents
- Student Self-Reflection included
- Field Trip Form Completed – Mass at St. Joseph Basilica
- Most recent Report Card or Progress Report
The following links are available to help you understand Edmonton Catholic School’s procedures:
- Declaring Resident or Non-Resident – Administration Procedure #300
- FOIP – Administration Procedure #180
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB – MYP)
This is a reminder that all students planning to complete your middle years program and receive their MYP certificates must:
- Complete their Personal Project that was started in grade 9
- Register for a 2nd language
If you have any questions, please contact Archbishop MacDonald High School directly.
An e-mail will be sent to the parent’s e-mail address to confirm your acceptance or decline of your application by the middle of April, 2020.
Please ensure that your e-mail account doesn’t block our division e-mails or place them into your junk folder.
Thank you for considering MAC as your school for the next three years of your education.