School Statement of Philosophy
The operation of Cardinal Léger Community School is founded on a belief in the dignity and personal worth of all its students. Furthermore, it is our belief that in cooperation with our students, parents, and community, we must provide an educational environment that:
- recognizes the distinct and changing spiritual, physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of students from early childhood to young adults
- calls for taking students from where they are and developing programs to meet their needs
- assumes that students want to and need to organize their knowledge, learn to work well in groups, and become increasingly independent while recognizing the interdependence of all people
- directs all students of Cardinal Léger toward the realization of their potential
In keeping with the instructional goals of Alberta Education and the Edmonton Catholic Schools Policy, Cardinal Léger School will provide:
-in a Christian environment;
-that provides for the achievement of all students;
-that recognizes students have different styles and varied rates of learning;
-that will enable students to become independent as well as cooperative learners in a multicultural community school and in preparation for living in a multicultural society.
- Exploration opportunities for students to discover and explore new ideas and to develop new skills and interest.
- Guidance/Support services that promote stability, growth toward self realization, increasing independence and responsible behavior.
- Opportunities for students to be recognized as individuals and build self-esteem.
Cardinal Léger is a Christ-Centered Learning Community focused on developing 21st Century skills so that students may succeed in a future not yet imagined.
At Cardinal Léger School we are devoted to the academic, spiritual, social and physical growth of the students. Our goal is to educate the individual to meet the diverse needs of our society through a strong knowledge base, effective skills, and Christian values.
- We promote the LIFELONG LEARNING of the whole student.
- We provide EXCELLENCE in learning through innovative teaching and learning practices.
- We strive to inspire students to GROW in their understanding of the Christian faith.
- We strive to EMPOWER the student to meet daily challenges through a progressive learning environment.
- We RESPECT individual diversity by promoting the self-worth and dignity of all individuals in a safe and caring environment.