École Frère Antoine School is happy to work in partnership with St. Theresa Parish and other schools in our St. Theresa Family to support parents and children in preparing for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion. Sacramental Sessions are offered in the fall, winter and spring in order to accommodate the busy schedules of families in our school community. The Sacramental Program involves:
- Parents registering their children for the sacraments and purchasing study guides at the Parent Information Evening, or through the parish or through the school.
- Parents and children taking part in three Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) for First Reconciliation or two Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) and a teaching mass for First Communion. All sessions are conducted by one of the parish priests at the church.
- Parents and children reviewing assigned sections of the study guides at home prior to the parish-based sessions.
- Children receiving the Sacrament of First Communion as a group with classmates from school at a designated mass.
- Please note that parents whose child was not baptized at St. Theresa Parish, are required to submit a copy of the child's baptismal certificate with their registration(s).
Parent Information Evenings are at 7 pm on the following dates Oct 6, 2016, Jan 26th, 2017 and April 20th. The deadline for registrations for Confirmation is in November. Registration forms can be downloaded from the St. Theresa Parish Website: http://strcp.com/sacprep/#Conf
2016-17 10 Adv youth activities color.pdf
The St. Theresa Parish office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 8:30pm, Saturday from 10am to 5pm, and Sunday closed. The office is closed from 12pm to 1pm for lunch.
All of the Schools in the Edmonton Catholic School District use a Religious Education Program that is prescribed by our Alberta Bishops and provided through the National Office for Religious Education in Ottawa. The Program ranges from Kindergarten to Grade Twelve, and offers students with an overview of our Catholic faith as well as grade specific themes.
As a school community we attend Church regularly at St. Theresa Parish.
Dates we attend Mass in the 2016-2017 school year:
- October 7, 2016 at 9:00
- December 23, 2016 at 9:00
- March 1, 2017 at 9:00
- April 21, 2017 at 9h00
- May 26, 2017 at 1:00
- June 29, 2017 at 9:00 Visit to a church.pdf