Parish news and Information:
École Frère Antoine School works in partnership with St. Theresa Parish and other schools in our St. Theresa Family to support parents and children in preparing for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. Sacramental Sessions are offered in the fall, winter and spring in order to accommodate the busy schedules of families in our school community. father Patrick, Father Joy, Deacon Tony and Sister Addi frequently come and visit students in the classroom to answer questions
The Sacramental Program involves:
- Parents registering their children for the sacraments and purchasing study guides at the Parent Information Evening, or through the parish or through the school.
- Parents and children taking part in three Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) for First Reconciliation or two Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) and a teaching mass for First Communion. All sessions are conducted by one of the parish priests at the church.
- Parents and children reviewing assigned sections of the study guides at home prior to the parish-based sessions.
- Children receiving the Sacrament of First Communion as a group with classmates from school at a designated mass.
- Please note that parents whose child was not baptized at St. Theresa Parish, are required to submit a copy of the child's baptismal certificate with their registration(s).
The deadline for registration for Confirmation is in November. Registration brochures can be downloaded from the St. Theresa Parish Website: http://strcp.com/sacprep/#Conf
and are available from the school office.
The St. Theresa Parish office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 8:30pm, Saturday from 10am to 5pm, and Sunday closed. The office is closed from 12pm to 1pm for lunch.
All of the Schools in the Edmonton Catholic School District use a Religious Education Program that is prescribed by our Alberta Bishops and provided through the National Office for Religious Education in Ottawa. The Program ranges from Kindergarten to Grade Twelve, and offers students with an overview of our Catholic faith as well as grade specific themes. The link for student and parent access is on the Accessing Student Resource page.
As a school community we attend mass regularly at St. Theresa Parish.
Dates we attend Mass in the 2017-2018 school year:
- October 6, 2017 at 9:00
- December 22, 2017 at 9:00
- April 11, 2018 at 9h00
- June 28, 2018 at 9:00