Parish news and Information:
- Parish Name - St. Theresa Parish, Edmonton
- Parish website includes mass times and Youth Minister activities - http://strcp.com
- The St. Theresa Parish office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 8:30pm, Saturday from 10am to 5pm, and Sunday closed. The office is closed from 12pm to 1pm for lunch.
École Frère Antoine School works in partnership with St. Theresa Parish and other schools in our St. Theresa Family to support parents and children in preparing for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation. Sacramental Sessions are offered in the fall, winter and spring in order to accommodate the busy schedules of families in our school community. Father Patrick, Father Alloisious, Deacon Tony or Sister Addi visit the school weekly to as guest speakers and answer students' questions.
Sacramental Preparation Dates 2018-2019.pdf
The Sacramental Program involves:
- Parents registering their children for the sacraments and purchasing study guides at the Parent Information Evening, or through the parish or through the school.
- Parents and children taking part in three Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) for First Reconciliation or two Saturday morning classes (each one hour in length) and a teaching mass for First Communion. All sessions are conducted by one of the parish priests at the church.
- Parents and children reviewing assigned sections of the study guides at home prior to the parish-based sessions.
- Children receiving the Sacrament of First Communion as a group with classmates from school at a designated mass.
- Please note that parents whose child was not baptized at St. Theresa Parish, are required to submit a copy of the child's baptismal certificate with their registration(s).
The deadline for registration for Confirmation is in November. Registration brochures can be downloaded from the St. Theresa Parish Website: http://strcp.com/sacprep/#Conf
and are available from the school office.
All of the Schools in the Edmonton Catholic School District use a Religious Education Program that is prescribed by our Alberta Bishops and provided through the National Office for Religious Education in Ottawa. The Program ranges from Kindergarten to Grade Twelve, and offers students with an overview of our Catholic faith as well as grade specific themes. The link for student and parent access is on the Accessing Student Resource page. Presently a new curriculum is in place for grade 5, and grade 6 later in the year.
As a school community we attend mass regularly at St. Theresa Parish. Dates we attend the 9 a.m. mass in the 2018-2019 school year:
- September 18th - School opening mass
- October 10th - Thanksgiving
- December 21st - Advent celebration
- March 22nd - Easter celebration
- June 27th -Year end
We will have events and celebrations at school: (check the calendar for actual dates and times.
- Remembrance Day Ceremony - November
- Ash Wednesday via TV FA broadcast - February
- Hunger Lunch (Lent project) - March
- Care of creation. - May