St. Thomas More offers a number of exceptional academic and athletic programs for students in west Edmonton:
International Baccalaureate Programme
Sports Academy Programs
IBXtreme Flex Program
- Allows students the opportunity to be exposed to IB and strive to be learners that inquire, gain knowledge, think, communicate, have principles, are open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective.
- Provides junior high students with flexibility in scheduling and opportunities to choose activities and classes they would not normally be able to access in the school day.
- Senior and junior interschool athletics teams
- Various clubs and activities
For more information, please visit our IB Programme or Academies pages or contact the following school personnel:
Principal: Ryan Feehan (780-484-2434)
IB Middle Years Programme Coordinator: Chad Bryson (780-484-2434)
Baseball Academy Director: Brad Wolansky (780-218-3659)
Hockey/Ringette Academy Director: Wade Burt (780-484-2434)
Soccer Academy Coordinator: Rob Biro (780-484-2434)
Prayer and Celebration
Prayer Life at St. Thomas More
Prayer is an important part of faith-life at St. Thomas More. Each day begins with prayers and readings done by our students. Our students also mark significant events in the liturgical year by taking part in a number of classroom and whole-school prayer celebrations. These include:
- School Opening
- Remembrance Day
- Ash Wednesday
- Way of the Cross
- School Closing
Many of our celebrations take place in the school gymnasium. On occasion, however, we walk to Annunciation Parish to celebrate mass. All students are expected to attend these celebrations. Parents are always welcome to attend our celebrations. Information about upcoming celebrations is published in our monthly newsletter.
- Cross Country
- Edmonton Journal Games
- Boys Volleyball
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Mixed Slopitch
- Boys and Girls Flag Football
- Track & Field
- Junior Teams in Volleyball and Basketball
- Terry Fox Run
- Student Council
- Social Justice Kids Care Challenge
- STM Has Talent
- Wellness Program Healthier Choices
Student Recognition Program
Students who achieve honors or commendable effort standing during a reporting period are recognized with the following:
Name added to school display and published in the newsletter.
To achieve honors standing, students must have an average of 80% in the academic core subjects with no marks below 65% or PR (proficient) in any subject.
Knight P.R.I.D.E. Program
Positive Reinforcement In Developing Excellence
The Knight P.R.I.D.E. Program recognizes many of the positive contributions made by junior high school students at St. Thomas More.
At the conclusion of each semester, students who meet the term criteria are recognized.
- SEMESTER 1: Honors Standing
- SEMESTER 2: Honors Standing
The annual St. Thomas More Awards Evening is held each September and recognizes student achievement from the previous school year. Awards are given to deserving students in four major categories:
- Citizenship and Effort
- International Baccalaureate