"Teaching Minds-Touching Heart-Transforming Lives and Transmitting the Spirit"
St. Pius X Catholic Elementary School is a dynamic student centered community that nurtures a faith-filled educational experience for all. We have an emphasis on inclusion within our school with each child being given opportunities to develop the talents they have been given by God, to their full potential. At St. Pius X we recognize that each student and staff member is unique and in the pursuit of success. Our aim is to provide educational experiences that will foster success through personal growth and development, inclusion, creativity, collaboration, inquiry and faith development.
We believe in and aspire to create a compassionate and nurturing environment where all children understand, respect and value themselves and others. Inspired by the spirit we teach minds, touch hearts, and transform lives.
St. Pius X School Plan for Continuous Growth 2017-2020.pdf
We serve the Sherbrooke community of north Edmonton.
- Children come first
- Catholic faith is an integral component of the learning environment
- Learning Coach following the inclusive education model
- Emphasis on a safe and caring environment
- 21st Century Learning environment with: Internet, Wireless internet, iPads, Laptops, Netbooks and Smart Boards in classrooms
- Emphasis on physical education in the form of running club, school teams, Sports Day, swimming and skiing
- Newly renovated areas
- Exceptional Library
- Computer Lab
- Learning Coach
- On-Site Multi-Disciplinary Team - Therapeutic Assistant - Speech Language (TASL), Emotional Behaviour Specialist (EBS), EB-TA, Family School Liaison Worker (FSLW)
- Parish Liaison Worker - close relationship with St. Andrew's Parish
- First Choice Daycare with before and after school care
- RSCD Programs - speech, occupational therapists and school nurse
- That all individuals can learn
- That each student is a unique individual
- That a warm and safe environment, guided by Christian values is necessary for learning to take place
- That learning is an active process which involves the participation of staff, parents, church and community
- That learners must experience challenge and success