Rooted in faith, as disciples of Jesus, we inspire and nurture every child, every day, in every way.
We believe in and aspire to create a compassionate and nurturing environment where all children understand, respect and value themselves and others. Inspired by the spirit we teach minds, touch hearts, and transform lives.
SCHOOL PLAN FOR CONTINUOUS GROWTH
St. Pius X School Plan for Continuous Growth 2019-2022.pdf
We serve the Sherbrooke community of north Edmonton.
- Children come first
- Catholic faith is an integral component of the learning environment
- Learning Coach following the inclusive education model
- Emphasis on a safe and caring environment
- 21st Century Learning environment with: Internet, Wireless internet, iPads, Chromebooks and Smart Boards in classrooms
- Emphasis on physical literacy in the form of hallway activities, running club, Sports Day, and skiing
- Learning Coach
- On-Site Multi-Disciplinary Team - Therapeutic Assistant - Speech Language (TASL), Therapy Assistant - Behaviour Therapy (TABT), Emotional Behaviour Specialist (EBS), Family School Liaison Worker (FSLW)
- Parish Liaison Worker - close relationship with St. Andrew's Parish
- First Choice Daycare with before and after school care located within St. Pius X School
- RSCD Programs - speech, occupational therapists and school nurse
- That all individuals can learn
- That each student is a unique individual
- That a warm and safe environment, guided by Christian values is necessary for learning to take place
- That learning is an active process which involves the participation of staff, parents, church and community
- That learners must experience challenge and success