We will welcome all children in our community to be a part of this Reggio Inspired, enriching program with our talented teachers, teacher assistants, speech language pathologist, occupational therapist and family school liaison worker. Depending on different elements, there may or may not be a fee attached to our 100 Voices program for your child. To register in the 100 Voices early learning program, a child must be three years old by October 1, 2015.
Parents have already started to register for the 2015-2016 Kindergarten Classes. It is so exciting to already be planning for another school year. If you have friends or relatives who have children in this age group, please make them aware of our full day Kindergarten program and our very talented staff who make this program so successful for all children. Let them know it is important to register early, as we are already beginning our planning for 2015-2016. This program is offered to children who will be 5 years of age prior to March 1, 2016.
Grades 1-6 New Registrations
We continue to accept new registrations for students in grades 1 through 6 for the 2015-2016 school year.
Word of mouth is without a doubt the most effective way for distributing information. We are asking you to spread the good news about our school to your friends and neighbors. The success of our school is largely due to the wonderful participation of parents and our excellent staff.
At St. Pius X We Offer
- Regular school wide celebrations
- Student Centred Learning
- Music program which includes Orff instruments and hand chimes
- Inquiry School opprtunities
- Creative and Innovative learning with technology
- French as a second language (Grades 4-6)
- English as a second language for new Canadians
- Guided Reading and Literacy Centers in all Classrooms.
- Cross grade groupings
- Project based and inquiry learning
- Office Helpers
- School Patrols
- Lunch Monitors
- Running Club
- Volleyball and Floor Hockey Teams
- Social Justice Projects
- Swimming and Skiing
- Student Social Justice Team
- WE Day Particpants
- Various student interest based clubs