It is the purpose of our Catholic Learning Community to develop the potential of all children in areas of academics, spirituality and humanity.
St. Paul Catholic School is an elementary school (K - 6), serving the communities of Crestwood, Parkview, Laurier Heights, Sherwood, Jasper Park and Meadowlark in the city of Edmonton.
- Strong Academic Focus
- Yearly Residencies to support student learning
- Quality Daily Physical Education
- Integrated Technology program across the curriculum
- Monthly school assemblies
- Strong link to St. John the Evangelist Parish
- Strong sense of community and tradition
- Social Justice/Charitable Giving emphasis fostering leadership and service to others
- Senior-Primary Buddies
- RCSD partnership with Alberta Health Services to provide speech therapy, occupational therapy, and emotional behavioural services
- Learning Coach
- Passionate and dynamic Parent involvement and School Council
- Extensive collection of learning resources and children's literature in our newly renovated Learning Commons.
Saint Paul, first known as Saul, was born of Jewish parents in Tarsus. Educated in Jerusalem, he became a strong opponent to the Christian movement and was instrumental in having many Christians arrested and put to death.
On his way to Damascus, he was knocked to the ground, struck blind by a heavenly light, and given the message from God that in persecuting Christians, he was persecuting Christ. This experience had a profound spiritual effect on him, causing his conversion to Christianity. He was baptized, changed his name to Paul and began traveling and preaching.
After Paul’s conversion, he devoted his life to bringing God’s message to the people. He traveled extensively, endured great hardships and worked tirelessly to establish new communities of Christians.
There has never been a greater preacher and missionary than Paul. He taught us that there are many gifts, but always the same Spirit. God is in all people even though God works in different ways. Some people teach, some work miracles. All gifts are from the same Spirit.
Go on living according to the gifts given to you by God. It is love that you should strive for. Set your hearts on spiritual gifts, especially the gift of proclaiming God’s message.