The St. Mark's Recreation Academy was created with the aim of:
- increasing student opportunities to be physically active in unique environments outside of the school
- giving students the opportunity to explore their individual talents through activities both in and out of the school
- empowering students to take control of their own wellness by offering them wellness opportunities through a balance of activities focusing on the body, mind and spirit
Students who choose to be a part of the Recreation Academy will only have one additional option each week. If they choose a trimestered option, they will still get to try three other options in addition to the Recreation Academy. If they choose a year-long option, they will have the Recreation Academy and one other option all year.
Sample Recreation Academy Activities:
- Overnight Camping/Retreat to Camp YoWoChas
- Rock Climbing
- Team Building Challenges
- Bootcamp/Cross fit
- Ropes Courses
- Biking (Velodrome + River Valley)
- Wheelchair basketball
- Downhill + Cross Country Skiing
ACADEMY STUDENT CRITERIA
- We are looking for students who are looking to have fun and be adventurous in spirit. Students should be willing to try new things and ready to work on gaining confidence, exploring their talents and acting as a leader through unique activities and opportunities.
- All activities will be offered at an introduction level with proper instruction and support being offered at all times. Students do not need to be of any particular skill-level to join and experience the benefits. This is an inclusive academy.