Our goal at St. Leo School is to assist students to achieve their personal academic best. In addition to our regular programs in Pre-Kindergarten through to Grade Six, St. Leo School offers a variety of academic and co-curricular programs.
In the area of academic programming, the following programs are available to your child:
- Pre Kindergarten Program for 3 & 4 Year olds
- Full Day Kindergarten Program
- Multi-Disciplinary Team (Behaviour Specialist, Speech Pathologist & Occupational Therapist & Family School Liaison Worker) to support Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
- Inclusive Support Team (Behaviour Specialist, Therapeutic Assistant for Behavioural Therapy, Speech Pathologist & Occupational Therapist & Family School Liaison Worker) to support Grades 1 to 6 students.
- School-wide Literacy program designed to develop strong skills in both, reading and writing.
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Program
- Collaboration with Our Lady of Fatima Parish for Student Catholic faith formation.
- Engaging 21st Century learning skills development through regular student-centered practices
- English as a Second Language instruction & benchmark assessments
- Academic Support & Enrichment through an on-site Learning Coach
- Information and Communication Technologies are integrated into the core curriculum.
- French as a Second Language instruction is offered to all students in grades 4 to 6.
- Music instruction for all grade levels
- Celebration Music Ministry
- Art & Drama are integrated into your child’s academic subjects.
- Full Wireless technology & access for all students
- Mobile computer technology for student learning
- Apple iPad technology for student learning
- Daily Physical activities such as physical education classes, extra/co-curriculum activities, Sports Teams, Zumba, Jump Rope for Heart and Intramurals encourage our students to be active each and every day.
Extra /Co-Curricular Programs
We also offer your child an Extensive Extra/Co-Curricular Program. The objectives of school activities are to reinforce skills taught during the regular programs, promote good sportsmanship, citizenship, and school spirit in students and assist in providing a varied program which enhances and promotes positive student attitudes, morale, and Christianity. In the area of extra-curricular programming the following programs are available to your child:
Terry Fox Walk/Run ||EPL Reading Rockstars Program||
Cross Country Running Club ||
Hot Lunch Program (Monthly)
Intramural Program||Jump Rope for Heart||
Volleyball Team||Babysitting Training Course ||
Student Led Morning Broadcast |
Free Footie Soccer Teams||
We Day Event Participation|
LIONS Leadership Club
| Floor Hockey Teams||
Abbotsfield Youth Program (AYP)|
Environmental Awareness Club
| Ski Days (Gr. 4-6)||
Christmas Concert/Family Fun Night Festivities ||Safe in Six Program (Gr. 6)|
|Swim Program (Gr. 4)||CHANGE Program|| Student Leadership Training |