Jean Forest All Girls Leadership Academy
Our new uniform supplier will be Top Marks. The uniform fittings will take place at St. Basil School on May 22. Please click on the link below for more information on clothing options and how to book your appointment.
We are also currently accepting registrations for Grades 7, 8, and 9 in the Jean Forest Leadership Academy. All registration forms can be found online or you can contact the office for more information at 780-477-3584.
By identifying female roles in society and understanding women’s issues in learning, working and living fully, the Jean Forest Leadership Academy empowers young women to achieve academically and grow spiritually by developing their gifts and talents.
Check out the videos below for a glimpse of life at JFLA!
Why consider an all-girls academic setting?
Studies show that girls in all-girls' schools:
- Do better academically and in examinations for university entrance;
- Are more likely to choose math and science courses and excel in these areas;
- Are more likely to continue into post secondary education;
- Have a greater sense of self esteem;
- Have less stereotyped views of men's versus women's occupations.
Studies indicate that graduates from all-girls' schools are:
- Much more likely to graduate from college or university;
- More likely to obtain doctorates;
- More likely to be professionals or hold executive or managerial positions in business;
- More financially successful;
- More active in community organizations.
The mission of the academy is, “To provide the finest Christ-centred learning environment which inspires young women to develop spirit, leadership, intellect, self-discovery and service."
Who is Jean Forest?
Jean Forest is a former Manitoban who, with her husband Rocky, moved to Alberta in 1947. For the next 50 years, they lived in Edmonton where they both took an active part in the life of the community. Read Complete Biography...
Busing available from across the city!
Jean Forest All-Girls Leadership Academy Locations