Jean Forest All Girls Leadership Academy
We are currently in the process of securing a new provider for our uniforms for the 2018/2019 school year. Please check back in the coming weeks for our new supplier and the date of our June uniform fitting evening. Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
By identifying female roles in society and understanding women’s issues in learning, working and living fully, the Jean Forest Leadership Academy empowers young women to achieve academically and grow spiritually by developing their gifts and talents.
Check out the videos below for a glimpse of life at JFLA!
Why consider an all-girls academic setting?
Studies show that girls in all-girls' schools:
- Do better academically and in examinations for university entrance;
- Are more likely to choose math and science courses and excel in these areas;
- Are more likely to continue into post secondary education;
- Have a greater sense of self esteem;
- Have less stereotyped views of men's versus women's occupations.
Studies indicate that graduates from all-girls' schools are:
- Much more likely to graduate from college or university;
- More likely to obtain doctorates;
- More likely to be professionals or hold executive or managerial positions in business;
- More financially successful;
- More active in community organizations.
The mission of the academy is, “To provide the finest Christ-centred learning environment which inspires young women to develop spirit, leadership, intellect, self-discovery and service."
Who is Jean Forest?
Jean Forest is a former Manitoban who, with her husband Rocky, moved to Alberta in 1947. For the next 50 years, they lived in Edmonton where they both took an active part in the life of the community. Read Complete Biography...
Busing available from across the city!
Jean Forest All-Girls Leadership Academy Locations