We are currently accepting registrations for Grades 7, 8, and 9 in the Jean Forest Leadership Academy for 2020-2021. JFLA Open House is on February 19.
Registration Process: You will receive a PASSPORT from your current school. Fill it out and return it to your current school. You then need to fill out the following registration document online.
Your school code is JFL01.
By identifying female roles in society and understanding women’s issues in learning, working and living fully, the Jean Forest Leadership Academy empowers young women to achieve academically and grow spiritually by developing their gifts and talents.
Check out the videos below for a glimpse of life at JFLA!
Why consider an all-girls academic setting?
Studies show that girls in all-girls' schools:
- Do better academically and in examinations for university entrance
- Are more likely to choose math and science courses and excel in these areas
- Are more likely to continue into post secondary education
- Have a greater sense of self esteem
- Have less stereotyped views of men's versus women's occupations
Studies indicate that graduates from all-girls' schools are:
- More likely to graduate from college or university
- More likely to obtain doctorates
- More likely to be professionals or hold executive or managerial positions in business
- More financially successful
- More active in community organizations
The mission of the academy is, “To provide the finest Christ-centred learning environment which inspires young women to develop spirit, leadership, intellect, self-discovery and service."
Who is Jean Forest?
Jean Forest is a former Manitoban who, with her husband Rocky, moved to Alberta in 1947. For the next 50 years, they lived in Edmonton where they both took an active part in the life of the community. Read Complete Biography...
Jean Forest All-Girls Leadership Academy Locations