St. Alphonsus is a proud partner of All in for Youth.
This first-of-its-kind local initiative focuses on getting children and youth successfully through their education years and on to high school completion.
Education is the foundation for a bright future. But sometimes in life, challenges get in the way and extra support is needed.
When students face personal, learning or family related difficulties it can reduce their chances of completing high school and increase their chances of continuing to struggle in the future.
All in for Youth brings together programs and services in a new way to help every child achieve their very best, by providing support to them and their families. By taking care of critical needs now, we stand a far better chance of helping them get through tough times, build skills and set children up for academic success.
3-Year Plan: Helping thousands of kids in five demonstration schools
Combining the services of past programs – Partners for Kids, Schools as Community Hubs and Out of School Time – All in for Youth supports children from Kindergarten through Grade 12.
This new one-stop program is seeing partners work together to create the best environment for children to succeed.
The program is currently being piloted in five inner city demonstration schools where there is a high need for services:
- St. Alphonsus Elementary/Junior High
- John A McDougall Elementary
- Delton Elementary
- Spruce Avenue Junior High
- Eastglen High School
All in for Youth removes barriers to learning, helping students and families in five ways:
- Ensuring all students are confident and accomplished in reading and writing;
- Delivering nutrition support, mentoring and counseling, right in the school;
- Offering before and after school programs, as well as programs during fall, spring and summer breaks;
- Supporting families through counseling, community resources and adult education; and
- Providing a positive school culture, with caring staff and high-quality teaching.
THE GOAL: To see every child complete high school
All in for Youth is outcome driven and tied to specific academic performance. These foundational markers will help measure success:
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Grade 3 Reading Level
- Building Resiliency
- Successful Transition from Junior High to Senior High
- High School Completion
Collaborating to Help Children Succeed
This innovative program is made possible through the dedication of social sector partners and municipal government – all committed to being All in for Youth and families.
- Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area
- City of Edmonton
- Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Edmonton Public Schools
- Edmonton Community Foundation
- The Family Centre
- Mental Health Foundation
- REACH Edmonton, Council for Safe Communities
- United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
For more information on All in for Youth, please contact our school office.