As we move towards the completion of the 2016-17 school year, let us reflect on the impressive academic, spiritual, and athletic growth our Mount Carmel students have demonstrated these past many months. This truly is a very unique and special school that offers experiences not available at most sites. Word of mouth is our best advertisement, so kindly share the good news about the great things happening here! Please note that parents wishing to have their child join an Academy are asked to contact the respective Director to arrange a shadow day.
· Performing Arts Academy —Anna Paquin; Anna.Paquin@ecsd.net
· Soccer Academy —Dawn Poulin-Biro; Dawn.Poulin-Biro@ecsd.net
· Hockey Academy —Andrew Zvonkovic or Bil La Forge; Andrew.Zvonkovic@ecsd.net
· Recreation Academy —Jen Belous; Jen.Belous@ecsd.net
· Elite Athlete Program—Melissa Hough; Melissa.Hough@ecsd.net
Provincial Achievement Tests G6&9/Final Exams G7&8
Monday June 19 - Language Arts - Part B (Reading Comprehension)
Tuesday June 20 - Math
Thursday June 22 - Social Studies
Friday June 23 - Science
Monday June 26 - Social Studies
Tuesday June 27 - Language Arts - Part B (Reading Comprehension)
Wednesday June 28 - Math
Thursday June 29 - Science
Grade 7 & 8
Monday June 26 - Science
Tuesday June 27 - Math
Wednesday June 28 - Language Arts - Part B (Reading Comprehension)
Thursday June 29 - Social Studies
Writing Multiple Choice Tests- Tip Sheet.pdf
2017-2018 School Year Information
Mt Carmel-JH Student Supply List 2017-18.pdf
Our mission is to provide an education which embodies the faith principles of nurturing, acceptance, respect, love, and self-discovery.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School serves a very large part of the south side of Edmonton. This includes not only the nearby communities of Queen Alexander, Park Allen, Pleasantview, Allendale, McKernan, & Belgravia, but most other areas as well with our Academy Programs.
- Elementary and junior high school with a small school family environment
- Academies - Hockey (G3-9), Soccer (G3-9), Performing Arts (G3-9), Recreation (G7-9)
- Elite Athlete Programming (Gr. 3-9)
- Elem Music Program and Junior High Band
- Junior High Food & Fashion Lab
- Junior High Construction Lab
- Performing Arts Centre
- Sports Performance Centre
- Fitness Training Centre
- Semestered Junior High Option courses
- Historic Site - over 92 years of Catholic Education
- Inclusive Education: Learning Team - Our Lady of Mount Carmel School offers a wide variety of services to students including English as a Second Language.
- 80 wireless Chromebooks
- Desktop Computer lab
- iPad mobile labs
- Smartboards in all classes
- Up-to-date technological resources that support learning
- Active School Council
- RCSD speech and languages services
- Strong liaison with St. Anthony Parish
- "Just'n Out of School" before and after school care (780) 919-7471
Our Patron Saint
Mount Carmel is a mountain spur projecting into the sea south of Haifa, Israel. Its bold outline can be seen for many miles. The name means "garden" or "orchard".
Mount Carmel became a refuge for early Christian hermits and monks. In about 1156 the Order of Carmelites was founded and a monastery was built to the honour of St. Mary of Mount Carmel.
Devotion to Our Lady of Mount Carmel spread throughout Europe by the returning Crusaders and by members of the Carmelite Order. Notable shrines and churches were founded in honour of Mary under the title of Carmel or Carmen. In England in 1251 the Virgin appeared to St. Simon Stock, Prior General of the Order of Mount Carmel. According to tradition, Our Lady promised special blessings to all that wore the Carmelite scapular which signified total dedication to her Son, Jesus Christ. Honour to Our Lady of Mount Carmel is worldwide.
The Prayer to Our Lady of Mount Carmel is: Lord let the motherly prayer of the glorious virgin come to our help. Through her support help us reach the true mount which is Jesus Christ. Amen