A peanut/nut allergy is a very serious matter! It could potentially be life-threatening! Every
school has students with a nut or peanut allergy. Holy Cross Académie Internationale wants to
keep our children safe and is asking the help of all parents/guardians to keep our school a
Nuts are among the most common allergy-causing foods. They often find their way into things
you would not imagine! The only real way to treat a nut allergy is to avoid peanuts and tree
nuts. Avoiding nuts also means not eating any foods that might contain tree nuts or peanuts as
ingredients. Here is a list of some things we can all do:
- Let us be conscious of our food choices that we provide in our children’s lunches and
- Make sure to read product labels to avoid products that contain peanut and peanut
- Avoid food and products that do not have an ingredient list.
- Be informed of hidden sources or other names for peanuts.
- Look for phrases like “may contain nuts/peanuts” or “manufactured in a facility that
contains nuts/peanuts”, as cross-contamination can happen when nuts get into a food
With a little help from our parents/guardians and with a little preparation and prevention, we
can ensure that our allergy students live a happy, healthy, everyday life.
We cannot stress enough that we must be extra cautious in order to keep our
school community safe!
So, let’s all do our part and REMEMBER, NO NUTS!
Thank you on behalf of all parents/guardians of allergy students and on behalf of
Holy Cross Académie Internationale!