Together in Christ, we inspire the passion to learn.
Mary Hanley Catholic School: A Place of Joy
The Catholic community of Mary Hanley School is called by Christ to:
- foster creativity and independence
- model a passion for learning
- provide authentic learning with real life experiences
- find new and innovative ways to motivate and teach our students
- ensure students have the ability to articulate, explore, and explain what they have learned using a variety of tools and assistive technology
- instill the importance of balance for our students and staff
Mary Hanley School serves approximately 460 students from the Millwoods communities of Minchau, Weinlos, Bisset, Wild Rose, Silverberry and Mill Creek.
- Mary Hanley Catholic School provides a strong academic program within a safe, nurturing and welcoming inclusive environment.
- The faith dimension of the community is foundational to all instructional as well as extra curricular activities.
- The intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development of all students is fostered by a highly skilled and committed staff, working in collaboration to ensure success for all learners within a Christ Centered Professional Learning Community.
- Daily prayer, religious celebrations and symbols, art displays and sacramental preparation, bear witness to the celebration of Catholic identity.
- We also have a very involved and supportive Parent Council who work to support the learning needs of the schools and enrich the atmosphere and activities our students experience at Mary Hanley. Through special events and support of fieldtrips, our Parent Council helps to enhance student and community experiences.
- Enhanced multimedia technology lab
- FM Systems
- Smart Boards in all classes
- Document cameras in all classes
- Netbooks for student use
- HP laptops for project-based learning
- Surface Pro 2 laptops for project-based learning
- IPads for project based learning
- Cameras in all classrooms
- Raz-kids, individualized online reading program purchased for students Gr. 1-5
- Extensive automated library
- Speech and Language therapy, Occupational therapy and Emotional Behavioural services - provided through the Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (RCSD)
- Parent Volunteers
- Active School Council
- Strong partnership with Corpus Christi Parish team