B’s Diner Lunch Program
Project Aims - Students will develop an appreciation for work that goes into creating and helping to sustain a lunch program for students in need.
Students will experience the process of fundraising, budgeting for and purchasing materials for bag lunches. Through research and creating healthy meals with a local restaurant, the students will develop an appreciation for the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- The Terry Fox Run – donations for Cancer research
- Old Strathcona Youth Society - collect items that are needed at Christmas time
- St. Theresa’s Parish Food Bank - food donations
- Stewards of the Environment - school’s drink containers for recycling; advocated for different ways to invest the money raised. i.e. “Holy Childhood Association” and ”Free the Children
- ”Sign of Hope - Yearly campaign for donation