NEW September 2017....
|St. Richard Green STEM Academy|
Register Now for the First Green STEM Academy
Science, Technology, Engineering Mathematics
Instilling Care for God's Creation & a Lifelong Love of Science
STEM is engaging, experiential, meaningful and fun! It provides a student-centered learning environment. Students engage in…
using the problem-solving and design processes.
STEM focuses on real-life issues and problems!
answer complex questions,
investigate global issues,
develop solutions for challenges and real world
apply the rigor of science, technology, engineering,
and mathematics content into real life situations.
STEM students are …
scientists, technologists, engineers and
Students are global leaders & environmental stewards caring for God's creation!
St. Richard offers a variety of supportive programs:
- Catholic Faith is permeated throughout the curriculum; student centered school - wide Liturgical Celebrations and strong school-parish relationship with St. Theresa Church
- Sacramental Preparation with the parish's lead
- 100 Voices to grade 6 classes
- Musical Program – Orff instruments 1-6, recorder program gr. 4-6, ukulele gr. 5-6, school-wide musical productions bi-annually
- Grey Nuns Hospital Art Project
- Social Justice Projects
- Core French Language Program for gr. 4-6
- Strong Literacy Focus
- Technology includes computer lab with 30 desktops, 40 iPads, 120 chrome books, Smartboards and document cameras in all learning spaces
- Choir, art, drama and sports & dance clubs, skating, skiing, gymnastics
- Healthy Mind, Body and Spirit Club
- Student Leadership
- Running, skating, skiing, gymnastics
- Zumba and Yoga programs
- Knights of Columbus Basketball Free Throw