The English Program at John Paul I offers programming for all Grades K-6 following the curriculum as determined by Alberta Education. We strive to deliver a quality education program in a Catholic community setting which promotes high academic standards for all students.
Some of our key features are:
- Strong literary focus including independent reading, home reading, and guided reading designed to develop strong skills in both reading and writing.
- Information and Communication Technologies are integrated into the core curriculum.
- Music and art integrated into the academic subjects.
- Inclusive education for all students. All classrooms have a wide range of learners. Our goal is to assist students to achieve their personal academic best.
- Academic Support is provided by the homeroom teachers
For specific grade information, please follow the link to the Albert Education Curriculum Summaries
which contain information for parents on the curriculum mandated by Alberta Education.