"We Come to Grow Each Day."
"En donde crecemos cada dia."
Together we strive to educate the whole child by nurturing each individual's unique abilities in a Christ centered environment.
We are located in southwest Edmonton, serving the Blue Quill and Twin Brooks communities. We also serve southwest Edmonton's Catholic Elementary Spanish Bilingual programming.
Born in Avila, Spain, on March 28, 1515, Teresa was one of ten children. When Teresa was fifteen, her mother died and Teresa was entrusted to the care of Augustinian nuns. After reading the letters of St. Jerome, Teresa decided to enter the religious life. In 1535, she joined the Carmelite Order and spent a number of years in the convent, where she suffered from a severe illness that left her legs paralyzed for three years. The experience of a vision of “the sorely wounded Christ” changed her life forever.
Teresa began to focus more sharply on Christ’s passion. Inspired by her visions, she began to reform her religious order. Teresa was determined to create a more ancient type of Carmelite. From 1560 until her death, Teresa struggled to establish and broaden the movement of Discalced (or shoeless)
Carmelites. Teresa died in 1582.
We endeavor to “come and grow each day” at St. Teresa School and imitate the passion with which St Teresa lived her life. St. Teresa left a significant legacy of writings which represent important benchmarks in the history of Christian mysticism. These works include the Way of Perfection,
Meditations on the Canticle and the Interior Castle. Her autobiography is entitled Life of Teresa of Avila.
- Spanish Bilingual Academy
- Quality Catholic education
- Vibrant and involved parent community
- Strong academic focus
- School-wide literacy focus
- Art Therapy
- Dedicated Behavioural Specialist
- Extensive music program
- Integrated technology program across the curriculum
- Monthly school assemblies
- Dedicated and committed staff
- Strong link to St. Thomas More Parish
- S.T.T.V. Student Morning Broadcast
- Inclusive Education Team
- Learning team approach to students with special needs
- Extensive Automated Library
- Smart Technology in each classroom
- Wireless Internet
- Parent Volunteers
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Supportive and Active School Council
- Grade 4 - U of A Mentorship
- Partnership with St. Thomas More Parish
- Access to services: RCSD Community Agencies
- Discovery Education streaming video access