"School of Hope"
Welcome to Katherine Therrien Catholic Elementary School! We are a Catholic elementary school that serves the communities of Caernavon and Griesbach. Our staff is dedicated to educating children from 100 Voices (Pre-Kindergarten) to Grade Six by providing the best possible learning opportunities and learning environments for our students.
We believe that a partnership between home, school and parish is essential to the education of each child and that it is our shared responsibility to ensure that our children are nurtured to grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. By living the Gospel values, we promote the practice of faith and inspire our students to become life-long learners and confident witnesses of Christ. “For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” Matthew 18:20
At Katherine Therrien Catholic School we believe in educating our children of today for a world of tomorrow. The hallways, classrooms and learning spaces throughout the school serve as each child’s ‘third teacher’. Students develop communication, collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving skills through hands-on learning experiences. We emphasize the development of literacy, numeracy and competencies which are developed through student-focused learning opportunities within an inclusive educational environment.
We are proud of our school community! Each one of us, students, parents and staff alike, are an integral part of this enriching, engaged, faith centered community.
Located in Caernarvon Community, we serve the Castledowns and Griesbach areas. Bussing is available to students living in Griesbach. The ETS bus route #13 services our school.
School Fees for 2017-18
- We are a School of Hope - Katherine Therrien School is an active member of the Hope Foundation and its philosophies
- We have a safe and caring environment demonstrated through District Core Values
- Our Catholic faith is permeated throughout the curriculum
- We are a Christ-centered professional learning community affiliated with St. Edmund Church
- We are part of the Network Innovation Community (NIC) of Mathematics
- We have a strong literacy program which incorporates balanced literacy teaching strategies
- Our student leadership team empowers students to live their faith through active participation in social justice projects and peer-to-peer activities
- We have an active and supportive parent community
- Computer SMARTBoards in all classrooms
- Large gymnasium
- Extensive classroom libraries
Rooted in faith, we are committed to student-centered learning and empowering children to use their minds, hearts and hands to serve others as disciples of Jesus.
To ignite all learners in becoming effective communicators and critical thinkers, prepared to serve with compassion, guided by the teachings of Christ.
Hope looks for the good in people instead of harping on the worst.
Hope opens doors where despair closes them.
Hope discovers what can be done instead of grumbling about what cannot.
Hopes draws its power from a deep trust in God and the basic goodness of human nature.
Hope “lights a candle” instead of “cursing the darkness”.
Hope regards problems, small or large, as opportunities.
Hope cherishes no illusions, nor does it yield to cynicism.
Hope sets big goals and is not frustrated by repeated difficulties or setbacks.
Hope pushes ahead when it would be easy to quit.
Hope puts up with modest gains, realizing that the “longest journey starts with one step”.
Hope accepts misunderstandings as the price for serving the greater good of others.
Hope is a good loser because it has the divine assurance of final victory.
Father James Keller, M.M., Founder,