Our motto is "Together Toward Tomorrow".
St. Matthew School Mission Statement
Our mission as a school community is to inspire our students to become life-long learners and to develop their individual talents within a Catholic setting.
We recognize individual talents and celebrate diversity by collaborating, modeling and providing a supportive learning environment for both our students and staff.
We do this so that our students will become responsible, caring and contributing members of society.
We serve regular program students in the Lauderdale, Rosslyn, Glengarry and O'Leary areas as well as the Ukrainian students of north Edmonton.
- A focus on Core Values
- Dual track school - English and Ukrainian Bilingual Program
- Empower Reading Program
- Ukrainian Dance Academy
- Active School Advisory Council
- St. Josaphat's Sadochok (playschool) is located in house and offers Ukrainian bilingual and Ukrainian immersion classes for ages 19 months to 5 years. www.sadochok.com
- Pink Elephant Before and After School Care on-site http://www.daycarebear.ca/non-...
- Glengarry Day Care close by
- Two gymnasiums and full stage
- Each homeroom has a Smartboard, AppleTV and computer - all connected to a network, the Internet
- Computer lab
- Extensive Library - English and Ukrainian Resources
- Community Resources include: O'Leary Swimming Pool, Glengarry Area and tennis courts, Killarney playground and ice rink (on school grounds)
- O'Leary High School student volunteers, student teacher practicum students
- St. Matthew Parish (adjacent to the school)
- Ukrainian Program affiliated with six north end parishes-participation in periodic Divine Liturgies
- Student Recognition for academic growth, effort, citizenship and appreciation through the (Positive Reinforcement in Developing Excellence) PRIDE program.