School Growth Plan for 2019 - 2020 School year
2019-20 School Growth Plan - St. Martin School.docx
About our school / Про нашу школу:
St. Martin School is a Christ Centered Professional Learning Community that provides Ukrainian Bilingual Kindergarten to Grade Six Education to the children of South and West Edmonton.
Strong leadership, exceptional programs, outstanding teachers and staff, and a sense of community encourage the continuous growth of students.
One of only two schools in the world that offers optional individualized Ukrainian Dance training within its Physical Education and Fine Arts programs.
St. Martin enjoys the support of the Ukrainian Bilingual Parent Advisory Society (UBPAS).
We encourage you to check them out on Facebook!
We serve the educational needs of students and parents who live on the South Side and West End of Edmonton and choose to send their children to a Catholic Ukrainian Bilingual program. Our school provides Kindergarten through Grage 6 programs.
Key Features /
- Single Track Ukrainian Bilingual program (Grades 1-6)
- Transportation provided for all students living outside the school boundaries
- High academic achievement
- Excellent cultural, religious and extracurricular program
French as a second language (Grades 4-6)
- A Ukrainian Bilingual playschool Kalyna Kids is located in our school and provides playschool for children 3 to 5 years old and out of school care programing for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students.
- A private Strings Program is available at our school. Children from K-6 can take instruction in violin, viola, cello and guitar.
To assist each child to reach his or her potential as a learner and to realize his or her self-worth as a child of God. We believe that this can best be achieved in a nurturing environment where faith, responsibility and respect for one another are valued and exercised.
In cooperation with parents/guardians, students, school staff, and the Ukrainian Catholic Community at large, St. Martin school will strive to assist each student in:
- Welcoming Jesus Christ as a model and the ultimate source of strength and Christian love
- Acknowledging teachers and parents/guardians as partners in supporting and encouraging students towards personal, spiritual and academic achievement
- Achieving their linguistic potential in the English, Ukrainian, and French languages.
- Understanding, participating and valuing the Ukrainian culture.
Find us on Facebook
The St. Martin School Experience.What the students and parents have to say:
"There is nobody in this world that loves St. Martin School as much as I do. The people - I love my teacher, everyone in the office, the other teachers, and all of the students." Kindergarten student
"St. Martin is a learning fun factory!" Grade 3 Student
"What I love about St. Martin School are the Teachers; they are all very wonderful, caring, understanding and patient." Grade 6 Student
"Our children come home happy, excited and eager to share all the wonderful events, educational and spiritual, going on at school." St. Martin Parent
"Of all the choices and decisions we've had to make in life, coming to St. Martin School is one of the best we've made." St. Martin Parent
"I feel so happy knowing that on a daily basis my son is coming to learn in such a positive and loving environment." St. Martin Parent
...More than a Second Language