MRS. NAHAYOWSKI'S CLASS
Please find all relevant classroom material on our Google Classroom! (Click the + button, select 'Join Class' and use the classroom code Mrs. Nahayowski provided to you. If you continue to have trouble, please email us!)
Ideas to support and continue your child's education while at home:
- Read, read, read! Students not only enjoy the adventures found in fiction, but also learning about the wonderful world God created found in non-fiction books. Encourage your child to read books about animals, other places, space, history, famous people... the topics are truly endless!
- Read to your child - this is how students learn about intonation, speed of reading, fluency, attention to punctuation, and the love of reading itself!
- Ask your child questions about what was read
- -What was your favorite part of the story and why?
- -What is your favorite illustration or picture and what does it show?
- -Pick 2 characters and compare how they are alike and different
- -What is the setting of the book?
- -What happened at the end of the story?
- -Did you learn any lessons from the story? Is it trying to teach you anything?
- 10 Benefits of Reading: Why You Should Read Every Day
- Review the Key Words that your child has already mastered
- Work on a word search
The Benefits of Wordsearches
- They Help Develop Word Recognition. ...
- They Assist in Learning Context Clues. ...
- They Help Develop Pattern Recognition. ...
- They Introduce and Review Vocabulary. ...
- S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G. ...
- They are Fun way to work with words....
Mystery Science Website