School Growth Plan
Our Lady of Peace School Plan for Continuous Growth 2018-2021.pdf
School Conduct Policy
"Together We Grow"
At Our Lady of Peace Catholic School we believe in growing healthy hearts, minds and spirits. Through this transformation journey our children can realize their potential and bring to life the best version of themselves.
As a Christ-centered community we foster healthy minds, bodies, and spirits through collaboration, inquiry, critical thinking and reflection by empowering our students to be engaged thinkers, energized learners, and ethical citizens. We believe that everyone is welcome and has a 'place in the circle' as we learn about who we are, where we come from, and where we are going. Cultural awareness and diversity is at the root of who we are and how we learn.
The School's Philosophy is based on:
- a holistic approach to education that values community and building relationships; strengthening our connections with nature; finding meaning and purpose in life (through respect, passion, peace)
- Cree Culture and Language learning that values keeping a balance in life (mind, body, spirit); a sacred relationship with nature thorugh the gifts of Mother Earth; honoring the natural laws given to us by Kiso Manito; learning that 'we are all related' and rely on each other in the circle of community
- Christian Faith in experiencing the presence of Jesus Christ in our daily life
We are located in the Mayfield area (15911-110 ave.) and serve Mayfield, High Park, High Park Industrial, Britannia/ Youngstown and Canora regions of Edmonton.
As a Nehiyaw Pimatisiwin Cree Culture and Language Program our school does have a greater catchement area. Please contact the school at 780-489-1222 to learn of our catchement.
Our Lady of Peace School has easy access to city of Edmonton bus route 125. Yellow bus service is currently available in many of these areas.
- Our Lady of Peace Catholic School has served the community for over 50 years!
- Nehiyaw Pimatisiwin Cree Language and Culture Program (Grades K-6).
- Technology integration into curriculum.
- Performing Arts program (offering music, drama, and creative expression) for 100 V-Grade 6
- A professional learning community.
- A warm, inviting Christian atmosphere where all are treated with dignity and respect.
- Daily Nutrition Snack Program.
- Apple Schools Program (focus on health and wellness)
- Smart Board integration in every classroom
- Video-broadcasting system
- Active School Council
- Mobile technology (netbooks, microsoft surface tablets, ipads)
- Fully automated library
- English as a second language programming
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Specialized assistance as required through RCSD
- School/Parish Team Partnership
To transform the Minds, Bodies, and Spirits of our children as they realize their potential and bring to life the best version of themselves.
As a Christ-centered community we foster a healthy mind, body, and spirit through collaboration, inquiry, critical thinking, and reflection as we empower our students to be engaged thinkers, energized learners, and ethical citizens. We believe that everyone is welcome and has a 'place in the circle' as we learn about who we are, where we come from, and where we are going. Cultural awareness and diversity is at the root of who we are and how we learn.