Cardinal Collins High School Academic Centre is Edmonton Catholic School District's academic upgrading program for 4th and 5th year high school students that are new residents of Canada. These ELL students are enrolled in full time English as a Second Language classes. Students are offered individual support to improve their English throughout the year at one of the ELL sites run by English Language Learning Centre. In addition, academic counselling will be offered to help them prepare for post-secondary transition or career exploration.
ASCENSION ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNING
High School English Language Learning Courses:
- English as a Second Language Courses- Levels 1-5
- Introduction of Canadian Studies, Science and Math courses
- The possibility to upgrade to obtain a High School Diploma
- Prepares students for entry to Post Secondary Institutions
- Regular One on One consultation with teacher Advisor
- Blended Learning Environment ( classroom/self-paced )
An Ascension ELL Student is:
- A student that is 18-20 years old
- A student that is New to Canada within the past 5 years would qualify for ELL support.
- A student that would benefit from an ELL classroom with the flexibility of accessing Fresh Start module based courses and Ascension classroom-based courses
* Cardinal Collins High School Academic Centre: 3802-139 Ave
* Partners for Youth: 4316- 118 Avenue
*Frest Start Mill Woods: 2849 Millwoods Road