Quarterly System and ECSD "My Way" magazine
Cardinal Collins Ascension runs classroom-based courses on a quarterly timetable.
What is a quarterly system?
The quarterly system divides the school year into four quarters, each lasting 8 weeks. Students take a maximum of two 5-credit 30-level diploma courses. Each class is 150 minutes, which is equivalent to a full semester of instructional time.
A quarterly system offers several benefits for students:
- Focus on a maximum of two subjects in a eight-week period
- Deeper & more focused learning (mastery of learning)
- Accommodates the November, January, April & June diploma write dates
- Accommodates post-secondary applications for the winter term
- Incorporates personal learning time for additional support
- Long weekends every second week if taking only one course
- Allows students to plan their work schedule more consistently
Edmonton Catholic Schools "My Way" magazine
Summer School 2019 registrations are now open!
To register please visit www.ae.ecsd.net
To view complete magazine click link: My Way Spring-Summer 2019