Quarterly System and ECSD "My Way" magazine
Cardinal Collins Ascension runs classroom-based courses on a quarterly timetable.
What is a quarterly system?
The quarterly system divides the school year into four quarters, each lasting 8 weeks. Students take a maximum of two 5-credit 30-level diploma courses. Each class is 150 minutes, which is equivalent to a full semester of instructional time.
A quarterly system offers several benefits for students:
- Focus on a maximum of two subjects in a eight-week period
- Deeper & more focused learning (mastery of learning)
- Accommodates the November, January, April & June diploma write dates
- Accommodates post-secondary applications for the winter term
- Incorporates personal learning time for additional support
- Long weekends every second week if taking only one course
- Allows students to plan their work schedule more consistently
Edmonton Catholic Schools "My Way" magazine
To view the My Way magazine click on image