St. John Bosco School is located at 7411-161 A Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T5Z 3V4. Our attendance area is East to West 59A St to 82 St and from North & South 194 Ave to 153 Ave.
- Crystallina East
- Crystallina West
- Cherry Grove
- Matt Berry
- McLeod Park
For our school's attendance areas, click on the link School's Attendance Area Map
For Information click on video link below and continue reading. We look forward to hearing from you. School Promo Video
"Inspiring passionate minds": Our goal is to provide a Catholic educational environment in which each child can grow and develop to his or her fullest potential. This can be achieved and enhanced by home, school and parish working together in a collaborative partnership. Within our Catholic Christian context, we can prepare children for the future, for the rights and responsibilities of citizenship and for daily life in our rapidly changing world.
In order to prepare our students to live in and contribute to a changing world and engage in active faith-filled, lifelong learning; St. John Bosco School provides an interactive and collaborative inquiry based learning environment that promotes higher level critical thinking utilizing real-world tools.
Our school logo is best explained in symbolic parts to represent the whole.
The Cross- reflects our Catholic faith and our Christ-centeredness, which celebrates Christ as our model.
The People- comprised of a priest, students, parents, staff and community members represents the collaboration amongst the whole community coming together as a faith based community.
Our school motto, "Celebrating God and Youth", expresses how we celebrate God and youth each and everyday. At St. John Bosco School, we maintain high standards of academics and discipline in a nurturing, inclusive and faith-based environment; ensuring that all of our actions are permeated in faith, love and forgiveness towards building hope in all.
Our School's Universal Design for Learning
Universal Design for Learning principles incorporate best practices in all areas of the curriculum and provide multiple, varied, and flexible options for student representation, expression and engagement.
- Universal Design for Learning with multiple technologies and platforms to support students.
- Diverse learning spaces designed to meet a variety of student needs and offer student choice.
- Flexibility in learning modalities based on a student's preferred learning style.
- Inquiry-based Learning that offers a high level of student engagement.
- (S.T.E.A.M.) Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math focused Learning Commons/Makerspaces that includes a Wind Tunnel, Magnet Wall, Lego Wall, Light Labs, Robotics, Dash & Dot Coding Robots, Cubelets® Robot Blocks Osmos, Tagoo Blocks, & more hands-on learning tools for optimal inquiry-based learning
- Two Learning Coaches to coordinate flexible approaches to learning, customized for individual student needs.
- Multiple Disciplinary Team (MDT) of Service Providers (OT, SLP, PT, FSLW, EBS, RCSD)
- Multi-age Instruction for Project-Based Learning
- Full wireless capabilities
- Multiple Technology options for student choice (smartboards, FM systems, netbooks, chrome books, iPads, laptops.)
- Junior ATB Financial Literacy Program
- Transportation for catchment students
- 'Munch a Lunch' Hot Lunch Program
- Before & After School Care Facilities (Gold Star, Kinder Kollege Daycare, Numerous Day Homes)
- Levelled Literacy Intervention Program (LLI) for Struggling Readers
- SIOP Program for (ELL) English Language Learners
- Kagan Collaborative Learning Strategies
- Mathletics Program
- Discovery Education
- School Chapel
- Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) Instruction
- French as a Second Language Instruction
- Comprehensive & Collaborative Music Programming for all students
- SJB Student-Led Broadcast Team
- Student Service Learning Clubs
- G.R.A.C.E. Club Social Justice Education & Engagement Learning
- Environmental Education & Engagement Club
- Jr. & Sr. Technology Club
- Volleyball Teams
- Floor Hockey Teams
- Soccer Teams
- Running Club
- Liturgical Music Ministry Club
- Jr. and Sr. Choirs
- Hand Bell Club
- Recorder/Orff Ensemble
- Annual Performances (Celebration of the Arts, Kiwanis Music Festival, Concerts, Community Performances)