Low Incidence Team
Our Low Incidence Team (LIT) empowers and equips the ECSD community to create accessible & meaningful learning environments to ensure students with low incidence disabilities are successful alongside their peers.
We provide services and supports for students with diverse and complex learning needs. Assistive technology (AT) and augmentative and alternate communication (AAC) provides access to the curriculum, inclusive learning and leisure opportunities.
We support students & children with significant disabilities to:
- Participate in ALL daily routines with as much independence as possible
- Learn & demonstrate understanding
Low Incidence students are those students with significant disabilities including students who exhibit a combination of exceptionalities that include one or more of:
- Blind/Low Vision
- Significant Developmental Delay
- Significant Physical and/or Multiple Disabilities
- Complex Communication Needs including students’ whose primary diagnosis is ASD and present as minimally or non-verbal.