Extensions Guided by an Early Childhood Educator
Full day programming will have a Kindergarten Program and an Extension Studio. The Extensions Programming is guided by an Early Childhood Educator (ECE).
Extensions Programming Highlights:
- The studio learning environment is a space that has real life experiences that embed concepts in ways that are meaningful to children in a play-based context.
- The Early Childhood Educator takes the curiosity of the child and co-creates projects and interest-based centres for the children to engage in and to let their learning take flight.
- A sense of community is fostered through social-emotional learning.
- Children learn self confidence by engaging in problem solving experiences that support risk taking and creative thinking through evolving projects.
- Creative expression is nurtured in a multi-modal approach that explore a variety of fine art experiences that include art, drama and musical exploration.
- Visible learning is promoted to the school community and families through Early Childhood Educator documentation that supports the child's view of their world.