Here is an opportunity to explore the area of Psychology, which is a scientific study of cognitive, emotional, biological and social behaviours. This course is the basic foundation course in psychology. It provides an introduction to the scientific study of behaviour and the mind. This course examines the evolution of psychology, research methods, descriptive statistics, the brain and behaviour, human lifespan development, sensation and perception, states of consciousness, conditioning, and learning, and memory.
2021 - 2022 School Year
- Locations: Cardinal Collins / St. Francis Xavier High School / Archbishop MacDonald High School / Mother Margaret Mary High School
- Cardinal Collins / St. Francis Xavier HIgh School / Archbishop MacDonald High School: During School Hours
- Mother Margaret Mary High School: September -December 2021 - Wednesday's from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- Students will receive 5 Advanced Level CTS credits and 3 post-secondary credits for the course.
- Eng 20-1 with 60% Or Eng 20-2 with 70%
- Students must receive a C- or higher for a course to transfer to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Each of these courses can be transferred towards a variety of post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
- Disability Studies
- Social Work
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Arts and Sciences Elective, which leads to multiple career areas