Information Technology – Faculty of Science
Here is an opportunity to get started on your future with The Bachelor of Science Degree in the Information Technology (BSc IT) Program, which is designed to prepare graduates who possess the right combination of knowledge and practical expertise to solve computing technology problems in any organization.
The program provides students with theoretical knowledge and technical skills as well as professional preparedness for IT careers.
The curriculum covers core IT concepts (e.g., computing and emerging technologies, software development and cyber-security) and ethical, legal, and social issues related to IT
Come and explore your passion with hands-on learning opportunities to learn about working in the area of IT through course based work and experiential learning.
- Introduction to Information Technology - (IT101) - September - December 2021
- Computer Systems and Platforms - (IT110)- February - May 2022
- Location: Mother Margaret Mary High School
- When: Wednesday from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Enrolled concurrently or completed Math 20 – 1 or 20 – 2
- Students must receive a C- or higher for a course to transfer to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Each of these courses can be transferred towards a variety of post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
- IT Director
- Systems Analyst
- Emerging Technologies
- Software development
- Web Designer