Early Learning and Child Care
Here is an opportunity to get started on your future as an Early Learning and Child Care professional, who plays an important role in supporting families and promoting healthy growth. Research shows the early years are critical in shaping a child's overall development. The importance of play in how children understand the world around them is embedded throughout this program, and it aligns well with current Canadian Curriculum Frameworks in Early Learning and Care.
Come and explore your passion with hands-on learning opportunities and learn about working with young children through course based work and experiential learning.
- Introduction to Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC 1002) - September - December 2021
- Literacy – ELCC (1007) - February - May 2022
- Location: Mother Margaret Mary High School
- When: Wednesday from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Enrolled concurrently or completed English 20 – 1 or 20 – 2
- Early Childhood Educator
- Child care centres
- Day homes
- Out of school care programs
- Recreational programs