Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of Policing. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Police Studies.
Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering two courses in Police Studies, which equips students with the theory and principles you need to become an educated and well-prepared police officer. These courses will prepare you to lead, be effective in decision-making, and be able to easily adapt to new environments. Students will explore the most current theories of criminology, investigative techniques, law, evidence collection and forensics. In addition, through a partnership with the Edmonton Police , students will experience an opportunity to be involved in the Run with Recruiter Program, which consists of a physical fitness component. Police Studies gives you the foundation to build your career as a member of a police service at the municipal, provincial and federal levels.
- Policing in Canada - September– December 2021
- Law and the Administration of Justice - February - May, 2022
- Location: St. Joseph High School
- When: Wednesday from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Enrolled concurrently or completed English 20 – 1: 50% or English 20-2 - 65% minimum.
- Students must receive a C- or higher for a course to transfer to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- This course can be transferred towards various post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
- Probation or Parole Officer
- Intelligence Analyst
- Private Investigator
- Corporate Security
- Corrections Officer
- Customs and Border Security Officer