Health Fields and Nursing
Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of Health Fields and Nursing. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity..
Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering four courses in Health Fields and Nursing, which will meet Alberta's growing needs in health care because the demand for licensed practical nurses and health field areas is increasing.
- Location: Holy Trinity High School - Monday and / or Wednesday - 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- High School Credit: Each course will give a student 5 Advanced level Career and Technology Credits (CTS) towards their high school diploma.
- Post-Secondary Credit: The student will receive 3 credits from Norquest College.
• Psychology for Health-Care Professionals (PSYC 1060) - September - December 2021 - Wednesday's from 4:00 - 7:00 pm.
• Anatomy and Physiology I (ANPH 1001) - September - December, 2021 - Monday's from 4:00 - 7:00 pm.
• Anatomy and Physiology II (ANPH 1002) - February - May, 2022
• Health Education: Individual Health to Wellness (HEED 1000) - February - May 2022
Prerequisite: Eng 20-1 with 60% or Eng 20-2 with 70% for Psychology 1060
Biology 20 with 70% minimum completed and registered in Biology 30 concurrently
- Students must receive a C- or higher for a course to transfer to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- This course can be transferred towards various post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Occupational Therapist