Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of choral. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Choral Ensemble.
Concordia University of Edmonton’s School of Music covers topics such as music theory, composition, conducting, history, literature, choral, vocal and keyboard music, and voice and music individual instruction.
Students will have the opportunity to enroll in a Choral Ensemble Course (MUP 142), which develops vocal techniques, musicianship, and reading skills through the study of a variety of choral literature. Students will participate in the Edmonton Catholic Schools All City High School Choir, through regular practice and rehearsals, which will prepare them for extensive performances in concert settings within Edmonton Catholic Schools and with Concordia University. Students will be engaged in a workshop at Concordia University and Vocal Technique classes with staff from Concordia University.
- Course: Choral Ensemble 142
- Location: Alternative Education - Louis St. Laurent High School
- When: September – December 2022
- Monday from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm., along with performances, vocal lessons, workshops
- High School Credit: This course will give a student 5 Advanced level Career and Technology Credits (CTS) towards their high school diploma.
- Post-Secondary Credit: The student will receive 1.5 credits from Concordia University of Edmonton.
Choir 15 or approved on an individual basis
- The student must receive a minimum of C- in the courses for transfer to occur to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- This course can be transferred towards various post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
In addition, this course will transfer to:
- Athabasca University - MUSI 2xx: Unspecified Course
- Burman University -MUPF 210: Choir
- King's University - MUSI 210: Concert Choir IA
- University of Alberta - MUSIC 140: Choral Ensemble / AUMUS 141: The Augustana Choir
- University of Lethbridge - MUSE 1150: Vox Musical
- Music teacher
- Voice teacher
- Singing Ensemble