Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of becoming an office professional. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Administrative Professional Program.
Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering the Administrative Professional certificate, which equips students with the skills and knowledge to become an effective office professional.
Today's administrative professionals are often the voice and face of the company. They must be dynamic and able to actively lead the crucial day-to-day functions of an organization. They can make decisions, multi-task, solve issues, understand technology, communicate effectively, and operate an efficient office, no matter what the type of industry. Students will explore innovative trends and practices while acquiring the skills and knowledge relevant to current and future industry needs. Our focus on a high standard of applied education prepares you to be in high demand for quality employment.
- Location: Louis St. Laurent High School
- When: During the school day in the mornings, with the exception of Thursday
- High School Credit: Each course will give a student Advanced level Career and Technology Credits (CTS) towards their high school diploma.
- Post-Secondary Credit: The student will receive the Administrative Professional Certificate from NorQuest College.
This program is offered in a unique, fast-tracked format that gives you the opportunity to achieve a career in less than a year. Students complete classroom studies in ten months and then move on to one-month full-time work experience during the month of July.
- English 20 – 1: 50% or English 20-2 - 65% minimum (Can be taken concurrently)
- Math 10C - 50%
- Recommended typing speed of 25 wpm
- The student must receive a minimum of C- in the courses for transfer to occur to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Office Management
- Software Applications
- Event Management