Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of business and accounting. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Accounting Technician. Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering Introduction to Accounting (BUSD 1004) and Principles of Accounting (BUSD 1006).
- Courses: Introduction to Accounting (BUSD 1004) September - December 2021 and Principles of Accounting (BUSD 1006) February - May 2022
- Location: Archbishop MacDonald High School
- When: During the school day
- High School Credit: Each course will give a student 5 Advanced level Career and Technology Credits (CTS) towards their high school diploma.
- Post-Secondary Credit: Each course will give a student 3 credits from NorQuest College.
Enrolled concurrently or completed Math 20-1 or 30-2
These courses transfer to the Accounting Technician Certificate Program at NorQuest College. Upon successful completion, the courses can be applied towards the Business Administration Diploma at NorQuest College. NorQuest works in collaboration with various post secondary institutions within Alberta and students will need to submit their transcripts to verify transferability to their selected institution.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Program, you can transfer your diploma program credits (up to 60 credits) to the following post-secondary institutions for a Degree Program:
- MacEwan University: Bachelor of Commerce
- Concordia University: Bachelor of Management
- Athabasca University: Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Management
- University of Lethbridge: Bachelor of Management
Upon successful completion of a degree program, you can apply for your status of "Chartered Professional Accountant" (Also known as your CPA designation) https://www.cpaalberta.ca/
You may apply for transfer to other post-secondary institutions in Canada.
- The student must receive a minimum of C- in the courses for transfer to occur to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Accounts Payable
- Office Supervisor
- Billing / Data Entry
- Data-Based Administration
- Financial Services