GrACE - Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education
The gift of publicly funded Catholic education in Alberta is a true blessing. As a community we are called in gratitude, faith and action to ensure that our children and future generations continue to learn and grow in our Catholic schools.
The mission of GrACE is to inspire, invigorate and embolden the spirit of Catholic education in order to unite, engage, educate and communicate with one voice on its behalf. GrACE is a partnership of stakeholders resolutely committed to Catholic education within the province of Alberta.
GrACE invites all those committed to Catholic education, through the unity of the Holy Spirit, to be advocates and witnesses for our schools’ successes and their future.
In your homes, your neighborhoods, your schools and your parishes. Watch for and get involved with your local GrACE team. Tell your stories of Catholic education. Let your voice be heard.
Every day is a celebration of Catholic education. Let us be grateful for our blessings and commit our support.
Did You Know?
- Catholic education affirms parents as their children’s primary educators and respects the rights of parents to choose the school that meets their needs
- In Catholic schools, it is our deepest desire to ensure that every child knows and experiences the love of God through the witness of their community
- Principles of diversity and inclusion are central in the teachings of the Catholic Church and permeate all aspects and curriculum in a Catholic school
- 180,000 students currently attend Catholic schools in Alberta
- Alberta is one of three provinces in Canada with publicly funded Catholic education. Ontario and Saskatchewan are the other two.
- Catholic education in Alberta is 158 years old
- An organized effort of public school lobbyists are attempting to disrupt Catholic education in our province. Your engagement; your advocacy; your voice is vital.