Skip to main content

Education Property Tax


Education Property Tax – Declaring your support for Catholic Schools

Declare your support

Taxes declared in support of the Catholic separate school district in your municipality benefit your children.

To ensure your property taxes are supporting your Catholic separate school, you must declare your school support as "separate" on your annual property assessment notice and tax bill. If a declaration of school support is not filed by a property owner, the property assessment and tax bills show the school support going to the public school district. *If your support designation is incorrect, it should be corrected by completing and submitting a School Support Declaration form, obtained from your local city, town or municipal office. A change in school support does not take effect until the following calendar year.


City of Edmonton School Support Declaration - Individual
City of Edmonton School Support Declaration - Corporation
ACSTA Taxation Brochure
Information from the ACSTA

Back to top