Registration and Assessment
- Please call and book an appointment at One World… One Centre to have your child registered
- Please bring your child with you to the appointment
WHY DO I NEED TO GO TO ONE WORLD…
- Citizenship and Immigration documents will be verified
- Registration, intake and a needs assessment will be completed
- Your child will be assessed in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
- Valid Work Permit; OR
- Valid Study Permit; OR
- Refugee Protection Claimant document; OR
- Permanent Resident document/card
- Immigration Document
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Document to verify home address (i.e. utility bill, lease agreement, drivers licence
How long will my appointment take?
- Up to 45 minutes if English is your first language
- Up to 2 hours if English is not your first language
Your child will be assessed using the Alberta Education ESL Proficiency Benchmarks in order to inform programming at the school.