Career Opportunities in French Immersion
Are you interested in working in Edmonton Catholic Schools’ French Immersion program? French Language Instruction in ECS has a long successful history serving thousands of students for over one hundred years. ECS has 13 French Immersion programs serving over 3,000 students. Click here for the list of French Immersion programs.
Our Division is always looking for bilingual teachers and support staff who can contribute to our school communities. Votre avenir votre choix. Choississez Edmonton Catholic Schools.
French Immersion career opportunities in the Division:
- Teachers at all levels K-12
- Special needs teacher assistants, primarily at the elementary level
- School based secretaries and clerks
- Media resource/library clerks
If you are a teacher interested in pursuing a career with Edmonton Catholic Schools please submit an application on www.applytoeducation.com. Once you purchase credits for Edmonton Catholic Schools in the ‘Who Can View my Portfolio’ section your application will be submitted. The following documentation is required for a potential interview.
- Resume (English) and Cover Letter (French)
- Most recent summative teaching evaluation(s)
- Faith Formation Plan
- Baptism Certificate if applicable
- 3 References
All applications will be reviewed for a potential invitation to a pre-screening interview. The pre-screening interview process is used to assess fluency in English and French to determine suitability for the District’s French Immersion program.
Support Staff Applicants
If you are interested in support staff opportunities please visit our careers page to access advertised positions.
Professional Development for Teachers/Administrators
- Grade level Division meetings facilitate sharing, planning, collaborating and networking
- French Immersion Consultant team supports classroom teachers
- Peer support and mentoring opportunities (both as mentor and mentee)
- Networking opportunities among administrators
- Division Leadership Formation Program
Program/Teacher Support and Resources
- Three Division French Immersion Consultants to support teachers at all levels K-12
- St. Peter’s French Language Resource Centre highlights new resources!